February 16, 2017
Reading for pleasure unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Here’s what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading:
- Set the example. Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep pace with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Support our school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
- Book Fair dates: March 5th-10th
- Shopping hours: Sunday 10:00am-1:00pm, Monday-Thursday,8:30am-4:00pm and Friday 8:30am-12:00pm
- Special activities: Monday – Family Night 5:00pm-8:00pm. There will be contests and gift certificates and poster giveaways every 15 minutes. Also the class with the best turn-out will receive a popcorn party.
If you are unable to attend the Fair in person, we invite you to visit our online Book Fair at
. Our Online Fair is available from March 1
We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair! Remember, all purchases benefit our school.
Book Fair Chairperson